What I'm planning on taking
Following is a summary of the items I'm planning on taking on this trip
- Bike: Long Haul Trucker - 58cm fitted with a Brooks B17 saddle (nice and comfy)
- Panniers: Ortileb rear and front rollers. Great waterproof bags
- Ay-ups front lights (will also be used as lighting whilst camping)
- Ortileb handlebar bag with map holder
- Couple of spare tubes, puncture repair kit, a couple of spare spokes and lube
- Camping -Tent: MSR Hubba Hubba. Have used this tent on my last couple of overnight/weekend tours. Have found it to be a good size, nice and light.
|MSR Hubba Hubba tent|
- Thermarest mattress + 3 season sleeping bag and liner. With this combination should have a nice comfy rest
- Have recently purchased a Thermarest chair, which converts the mattress into a chair whilst camping. Hopefully will make sitting around a bit more comfy.
- MSR stove and cookware
- Ortileb 5l collapsible bucket - very versatile whilst touring and not near a sink.
- Clothing - Cycling
- Couple of Bibs, cycle jerseys, waterproof jacket and trousers and Shimano M60 Goretex shoes
- Clothing- Off bike
- Pair of zipped off short/trousers, couple of shirts, jacket, warm socks
- Other stuff
- Digital Camera
- Powermonkey Charger
- Notepad and pens
- Cable ties and duct tape (for all those emergency repairs)
- Basic first aid kit
- Sun cream and insect repellent